Business Forum | Small Business Forums | Entrepreneur Forums

Forums  |   Register  |   Login  |   Forum FAQ

You need to be a registered member to use our business forums.
Register or Log In Now

Does outsourcing increase the risk

Printable Version
All Forums >> Starting Your Business >> Starting a Business >> Does outsourcing increase the risk Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Does outsourcing increase the risk - 11/10/2009 6:36:02 PM   
shubh

Does outsourcing increase the risk of poor quality and loosing customer to the vendor? Should the outsourced individual vendors be allowed for the interaction with clients?

company financial analysis
fintel.us/customers/Corporations.html
Post #: 1
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 5/9/2012 12:59:49 AM   
jessicadavid

In my opinion yes, outsourcing increase the risk of poor quality but this could be minimized if preference is given to the known people while hiring.

(in reply to shubh)
Post #: 2
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 5/9/2012 2:59:51 PM   
bizguy65

It all depends on what you ask for.. if its obvious you do not set all and exact requirements you will be unhappy with the results. Sometimes you need a seasoned outsourcer help you at least write a full required list before you go ahead and do it yourself. hope that helps.

(in reply to jessicadavid)
Post #: 3
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 6/25/2012 2:53:10 PM   
smartgoose

I agree Bizguy & Jessica.

Outsourcing is something that needs to be managed well..it's not a magical solution you just throw your troubles at and they are solved.

The best cases are when the outsourcing is invisible to the customer, because then you can really keep your brand image and reputation. For instance, whenever I call a company and get forwarded to an off-shore call center I know that poor customer service is going to come and usually don't come back to them. But if I order someone online, and they have outsourced the order fullfillment to someone offshore I am unlikely to know that even happend, and there is less room for error there.

That being said, sometimes it makes sense for the company to go for a slightly lower quality but much higher cost effectiveness.

(in reply to shubh)
Post #: 4
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 11/2/2012 9:56:47 PM   
saliviya

It is not risky unless you choose a wrong company or are not able to present your requirements correctly. Only a part of the project is advised to be outsourced to a particular company and regarding the interaction of vendor with client, it must be executed under your supervision every time.

(in reply to smartgoose)
Post #: 5
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 11/10/2012 1:23:46 AM   
emersonkelly

Outsourcing reduces the risk and helps in increasing the productivity as the executives will concentrate only on delivering the effective and innovative services!!

(in reply to saliviya)
Post #: 6
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 11/29/2012 3:29:05 AM   
olivelin

Quite true and it is also important to have a known source who give this effective and innovative service in proper time limit!!

(in reply to emersonkelly)
Post #: 7
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 12/15/2012 4:38:29 AM   
emersonkelly

Choosing the right and effective and innovation service is difficult.

(in reply to olivelin)
Post #: 8
RE: Does outsourcing increase the risk - 5/10/2013 9:52:32 PM   
BarryV

Outsourcing your business processes would free your energies and enable you to focus on building your brand, invest in research and development and move on to providing higher value added services.

Here's how to get 50 Clients in 50 Days - http://automatedsocialnetworking.com/50-clients-50-days/

(in reply to emersonkelly)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> Starting Your Business >> Starting a Business >> Does outsourcing increase the risk Page: [1]
Jump to:

Find great franchise opportunities that fit your budget!

Franchises under $10,000
Franchises under $20,000
Franchises under $50,000
Franchises under $70,000
Franchises under $100,000