Business Forum | Small Business Forums | Entrepreneur Forums

Forums  |   Register  |   Login  |   Forum FAQ

You need to be a registered member to use our business forums.
Register or Log In Now

Getting rid of business partner

Printable Version
All Forums >> Starting Your Business >> Starting a Business >> Getting rid of business partner Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Getting rid of business partner - 11/12/2010 12:05:02 PM   
dfghs1379

I have a business parter that I want to get rid of for various reasons. We just started a company and he is flaking out on me and says he does not want to do it anymore but everytime I ask him why he just doesn't sign the company over to me he says no because he thinks I have some great idea to make to company successful that I am not telling him about and he thinks ill use it once he is not an owner anymore. I am thinking about just letting the LLC agreement expire (In the state where the LLC is registered there is a 300 dollar a year fee that all LLCs must pay to the state govt in order for their LLCs to stay active). He is so cheap he will never pay this fee and once the LLC is no longer active I can just register it in my name 100%. However, if I do this and the business is a success down the road I am pretty sure he will try to sue me for whatever reason claiming that he is still 50% owner. Would letting the LLC expire and then just re registering it in my name be the best way to handle this or is there another safer way? All answers are welcomed. Thanks.
Post #: 1
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> Starting Your Business >> Starting a Business >> Getting rid of business partner Page: [1]
Jump to:

Find great franchise opportunities that fit your budget!

Franchises under $10,000
Franchises under $20,000
Franchises under $50,000
Franchises under $70,000
Franchises under $100,000