Business Forum | Small Business Forums | Entrepreneur Forums

Forums  |   Register  |   Login  |   Forum FAQ

You need to be a registered member to use our business forums.
Register or Log In Now

Hiring a Bookkeeper vs DIY

Printable Version
All Forums >> Growing Your Business >> Business Management >> Hiring a Bookkeeper vs DIY Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Hiring a Bookkeeper vs DIY - 7/19/2012 2:31:27 PM   
AdamD123

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and thought I'd jump in and ask my first question. I have taken over a boarding kennel for my aunt and uncle, who have both had to retire for health reasons. They had another family member doing their books for them since they started the business, but I do not work well with this person - they are not approachable at all - I can't have a discussion with them or ask them questions without them acting defensive or put out. When I recently took over, I told my aunt that I would be taking over the bookkeeping and she relayed this to the current bookkeeper.

My goal is to get away from this other person entirely and find another CPA to do the business tax papers and my personal taxes at the end of the year. My question is: should I hire another bookkeeper, or is it something I could realistically do myself by reading some books, etc.?

The business brings in about $75k a year gross. It is currently only a service business (no products). We are an LLC. When I was a sole proprietor in my last business (much smaller), I just took care of the books and had a tax preparer do my taxes at the end of the year. Easy.

I'm just wondering if it's worth the money to have someone else do it, and am I crazy to try it myself?

Adam
Post #: 1
RE: Hiring a Bookkeeper vs DIY - 3/13/2022 11:42:17 PM   
oliviabparker1

You can do it by yourself, but there will be inconsistencies and errors since you'll be doing some primary business activities as well. If you don't have enough resources to train and manage your bookkeeper, the best thing to do is to outsource. OBP accounting outsourcing will give you ease in the hiring process and in training. The provided expert will be in need of only minimal supervision, while you can maximize your business marketing, operations, and other processes. It is definitely worth it since outsourcing is low in costs but high in returns.

< Message edited by oliviabparker1 -- 3/13/2022 11:54:43 PM >

(in reply to AdamD123)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> Growing Your Business >> Business Management >> Hiring a Bookkeeper vs DIY Page: [1]
Jump to:

Find great franchise opportunities that fit your budget!

Franchises under $10,000
Franchises under $20,000
Franchises under $50,000
Franchises under $70,000
Franchises under $100,000