Entrepreneurial Finance (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Starting Your Business] >> Starting a Business

farice -> Entrepreneurial Finance (6/1/2011 1:14:27 PM)

I have taught several courses at the college and graduate school level and, most important, have consulted for troubled businesses for the past 16 years. During that period I have noticed one common theme, that is an unfettered and consistent stubborn desire to not accept assistance if it doesn't coincide with the desires of the entrepreneur.
Time after time I have found that dealing with entrepreneurs, generally one rather than a group, is difficult if not impossible as the business owner is unwilling to admit that things are going poorly. Like an alcoholic in denial, the entrepreneur suffers the same desease.

ChristinePeter -> RE: Entrepreneurial Finance (3/26/2023 11:36:54 PM)

It makes sense why business owners may be resistant to accepting assistance. After all, it might be frightful to acknowledge when things are not going as planned. But if businesses are to survive and prosper, this is a problem that must be solved. It is crucial to keep in mind that consulting with knowledgeable experts can be advantageous and can assist the company in getting back on track.

Page: [1]