What does Charley's Grilled Subs™ look for in a franchisee?
- We are looking for individuals with a successful track record. We are especially looking for individuals with P&L responsibility and successful experience in managing people and developing/implementing marketing programs. Successful retail management/ownership is extremely valuable experience.
What makes Charley's Grilled Subs unique in the sandwich segment?
- Superior Taste! It is grilled, served hot, fabulous ingredients and sauces, and plenty to fill the heartiest eater.
- Charley's quick service stands apart from the traditional fast food eateries by always offering freshly produced made-to-order foods in 90 seconds or less.
- We provide a superior customer experience by inviting customer interactions and show-like observations at each step of our food preparation process. Furthermore, our innovative store ambiance and comfortable surroundings offer our guests a highly engaging atmosphere that invites a relaxing and social dining stay or a quick take-out alternative.
Where are Charley's restaurants located?
- There are over 360 Charley's franchise units Worldwide. We have locations in 40 U.S. states, Guam, Puerto Rico, and internationally in countries such as Canada, Japan, Korea, Germany, Italy, Great Britain, Kuwait, Venezuela and UAE.
- We are in airports, mall food courts, on college campuses, on military bases, and in most other retailing venues inviting to specialty restaurants.
What about financing? Does Charley's offer financing? How much money do I really need to open a Charley's restaurant?
- You will need a minimum of $75,00- $100,000 in liquid assets and at least $300,000 net worth to qualify for additional financing secured through third-party lending sources which Charley's recommends.
- Charley's does not offer financing, but we do have relationships with a number of third party lenders that we can put you in contact with.
What is Charley's initial franchise fee?
- There is a one-time franchise fee of $24,500 for a single unit.
- Upon our approval to operate additional locations the franchise fee for additional locations is $15,000
- Royalty and Advertising fees are a combined 6.25%
What kind of support does Charley's offer me?
- We need you to be a successful business partner as a franchisee, so we offer you guidance for all processes including obtaining financial support, designing and constructing a location, and operating a successful restaurant.
- Our 3 week training program is required for a of two people per location. It is a comprehensive blend of hands on and classroom study designed to give you the skills and tools to operate successfully.
- Our Professional opening support teams will be on site prior to opening to help train your crew, and through the first 10 days to ensure a successful launch of your Charley's Grilled Subs location.
*Note: This information is not intended as an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, a franchise. It is for information purposes only. Currently the following states regulate the offer and sale of franchises: California, Hawaii, Illinois, Indiana, Maryland, Michigan, Minnesota, New York, North Dakota, Oregon, Rhode Island, South Dakota, Virginia, Washington, and Wisconsin. If you are a resident of or want to locate a franchise in one of these states, we will not offer you a franchise unless and until we have complied with applicable pre-sale registration and disclosure requirements in your state.
In over 22 years of doing business, Charley's has been recognized at the "top" of numerous lists for successful franchising, entrepreneurship and management. A key strength of our operation is the ongoing franchisee support provided by our professional management team and our productive programs. As one franchisee stated, "This is the best business opportunity out there. The team at Charley's consistently develops products that taste best -- and then they provide the training and expertise to make it and serve it consistently the right way."
At Charley's Grilled Subs our mission is "To provide a GREAT experience to EVERY customer on EVERY visit" and to "Help our FRANCHISEES succeed by providing a simple restaurant system and continuous improvement to satisfy our Customers"
Company president and CEO Charley Shin opened his first restaurant in 1986 on the campus of The Ohio State University in Columbus, Ohio. Twenty-one years later his
"really good" sandwich shop has grown to over 300 franchise units across the United States and in ten countries worldwide. Charley now has formed a team of professionals targeting leadership in both brand equity and store expansion within the Sub-sandwich niche of the Fast Casual Restaurant sector.
With a national trend toward more healthful eating, grilled foods are rapidly gaining popularity over fried foods. Charley's menu specialties feature nutritionally beneficial foods, including made-to-order grilled steak or chicken sandwiches and gourmet fries, as well as freshly squeezed lemonades and a variety of fresh salads - therefore offering today's health-conscious and yet taste-loving consumers a better alternative to the higher-calorie and fat-laden menu offerings of most competitors.
Recent food and lifestyle trends show that today's restaurant patrons want quick service - but not necessarily those offered by "fast food" formulas. The Fast Casual concept that Charley's Grilled Subs restaurant offers its diners is a high-quality quick-service experience; with premium foods; energetic and attentive employees; enjoyed in a comfortable store ambiance and within a fun "watch-it-cooking" atmosphere. There's no compromising on taste with our premium fresh products and our made-to-order service that can fulfill every customer's food preferences.
Key Advantages of Charley's Grilled Subs
Uniquely positioned in the fastest growing segment of the restaurant industry, "Fast Casual."
- Charley's Grilled Subs is in a unique niche
offering a premium, great tasting grilled
sandwich, made-to-order fresh right in front of the customer, served hot in 90 seconds or less, in an upscale and engaging environment.
- A proven, leadership concept with over 300 locations has opportunity for growth to 3000 locations in North America alone, "ground floor opportunity." Superior food and locations are making Charley's recognizable across the country.
- Creating a relational network of successful restaurant operators and marketers (not just selling franchises). A proven development program guides each franchisee from financing through opening. A strong Franchisee Advisory Counsel along with continuous operating and marketing support help stimulate franchisees to continuous success.
- One of the most affordable franchise food
operations available. Investment dollars are low
and a simple operating system supports
low operating costs as a portion of total sales.